Home
Login Register Member List
yoursleep.aasmnet.org - Discussion Forums   » General Discussion   » Other Sleep Disorders   » Taking a nap results in nausea  

Welcome Guest ( Login or Register )

Taking a nap results in nausea
Author
Group: Forum Members
Active: 6/5/2008

Taking a nap results in nausea

This is something that’s been affecting me for the last 3 or 4 years.  When ever I take a nap in the day, when I wake I feel nauseated and in general like crap.  The really odd thing is it only happens with naps. 

This has never happened to me after a normal nights sleep only with naps.     I have no problem falling asleep at night or as far as I know no other sleeping problems, No snoring or moving around other than I do know that I do not get enough sleep.

As anyone ever heard of this before.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/5/2008 4:06 PM

I experience the same nauseaouness after naps and when I researched this was the information that I found.  I have not tried the solution as of yet but I hope that it works.

"As for nausea after napping: It is most likely due to a drop in blood pressure. Depakote and similar drugs can cause a reduction in adrenal gland function, which is one of the reasons for the weight gain side effect as well as day long nausea.

To test for reduced adrenal gland function at home do this test: Normally, systolic blood pressure (the first number in the measurement of blood pressure--120/80) is approximately 10 points higher when you are standing than when you are lying down. If the adrenal glands are not functioning properly, however, this may not be the case.

Take and compare two blood pressure readings--one while lying down and one while standing. First, lie down and rest for five minutes. Then take your blood pressure. Stand up and imediately take your blood pressure again. If your blood pressure reading is lower after you stand up, suspect reduced adrenal gland function. The degree to which the blood pressure drops upon standing is often proportionate to the degre of hypoadrenalism.

It is a good idea to take a vitamin B complex, 100mg of each major B vitamin twice a day (amounts of individual vitamins in a complex will vary). Take supplemental B5, 100mg 3 times daily, along with the B complex. Take vitamin C with bioflavinoids, 4,000-10,000 mg daily in divided doses. Vital for proper functioning of the adrenal glands. The amino acid L-tyrosine, 500 mg daily, on an empty stomach, taken with water or juice, with a small amount of vitamin B6 and vitamin C to aid in absorption--aids adrenal gland function and relieves excess stress put on the glands. "

I hope this helps.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Posted 6/5/2008 4:58 PM
Quote: I experience the same nauseaouness after naps and when I researched this was the information that I found. I have not tried the solution as of yet but I hope that it works. http://mb.rxlist.com/rxbo...

Thank you Ill give that a try.

IP Logged
This member is offline.
Showing page 1 of 1 - 3 messages found
« Next Oldest :: Next Newest »